It all started in the perpetual Summer of 1988.
Back then, we were known as Scroll Children’s Educational Activity and imported English reading books from Australia.
Chinese reading books in the market at the time were imported from China.
These readers were too complicated for Singaporean children, with many words and few pictures.
Our Director, David Seah, noticed the lack of suitable Chinese readers in the market for pre-schoolers
and set out to create Singapore’s first Chinese reading book series for young children.
Fast forward to present day, ScrollMedia has not only written and published many more multi-lingual reading series but is also helping pre-schools create their own customised books.
• 1988 – started Scroll Children’s Educational Activity
• 1992 – first in Singapore to publish Reading Links, a Chinese reading series for preschoolers
• 1998 – launched Scroll Chinese Readers to complement thematic preschool curriculum in Singapore
• 2002 – published Parachutes’ series in English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil languages
• 2010 – work with a team of illustrators, graphic designers and an in-house printing team
• 2012 – acquired The Nurtury, a preschool in New Zealand
• 2015 – published Hindi reading books in Singapore
• 2015 – Top Business Luminary Promising SME500
• 2020 – published books for aspiring young writers and illustrators
A good reading book fascinates young children’s minds to learn and discover endless information.
ScrollMedia welcomes schools and teachers to connect with us to know more about customization and branding of books and materials.